‘Tis the season for sharing what we are thankful for, and I am filled with an abundance of gratitude–and that’s not just because Thanksgiving is quickly approaching! For me, each and every day offers its own unique opportunities to give thanks and express gratitude. However, I just recently returned from my first visit to Oaxaca, where I had the chance to visit some of our programs and meet many incredible people. Since the timing happens to coincide with Thanksgiving, I would like to share my appreciation for the people who inspire and sustain me in my work with Friends of Pimpollo.
- I am grateful for everyone who helps to make the Oaxaca Kids Can Program the tremendous success it is. Here at FOP, we are beyond excited to announce that a third school, Porfirio Diaz, is launching the OKC breakfast program three days a week for 56 students.
- I am grateful for the parents in the communities we support who take initiative and work hard so their children (and they themselves) can benefit from opportunities that can come with education.
- I am grateful for all the teachers who give of their time and energy so that they can plant the seeds of knowledge and encourage curiosity in their students.
- I am grateful for all the members of our 66 teams who have accompanied the communities we work with and who have shared their experiences and our mission with others upon their return.
- I am grateful for the hard work and dedication of all of our program coordinators in Mexico.
- More than anything, I am grateful for all the students in our programs, whether they be a preschooler just starting their educational journey, or a 70-year-old grandmother receiving her certificate from the Adult Literacy Program. Your motivation to learn and grow inspires me every day.
I firmly believe the future looks brighter when the present is filled with education, and we couldn’t do all we do without the incredible support of people like you. Thank you. Please know that I am abundantly grateful for you.
All the best,